I cringe when I look at this page, I wish I could get it “just right” as a Double Virgo prefers. But pictures speak thousands of words, so perhaps this is an acceptable forum.
Right now – I am (in semblance of order of personal importance) not chronological
- wife and mom to 2 humans and food wench for 3 Basenjis.
- Yoga devotee since 2000 and YTT certified (400+ hours)
- I’ve trained with amazing instructors over the years. Erich Schiffmann has been my teacher from afar, especially after moving to New Mexico in 2015
- I love teaching yoga. My students seem to like me – lots of them come back, anyway. I have many yoga besties that I have gotten to know for years on the yoga mat. Their asana practices have blossomed in front of my eyes and I am honored to play even a teensy part to that process!!!
- Teach at Vivify (vivifynm.com). Check us out! I know we are the best yoga studio in Rio Rancho and N. ABQ. Please check out the studio! First class is free :
Vivify Hot Yoga (vivifynm.com)
- Escapee from infectious disease research scientist (Ph.D, Microbiology
I became a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in April of 2017.
just started working at a lovely out-patient orthopedic PT clinic, Aug of 2017. This matches my ideal career direction, and I am eager to make this clinic so happy for me that they might explode with joy. 🙂
Getting out of Science and becoming a PTA has turned my life around, like 300 degrees (I know that a full circle is 360, but I think it is more like 300 at this juncture in time. That was in 2015. I rather grieved for some time afterwards, but after a 7 week internship in Feb/March of this year, I know I could NEVER live there again. But I will certainly visit, there are so many amazing individuals that I want to remain in contact with.
I do have a love of the desert now. We have a pretty awesome view of the Sandia mountains, which inspire a lot of my yoga photography. Good because it has become a burning Passion in my life. I’m 50, I gotta keep documenting my Journey and I find that I personally learn a lot in the process and am told it is inspiring.
For yuks, this is what I was I was doing for countless years. Major highs and lows. I’m proud of my publications and time as a scientist, but I left a very burned out woman with a bitter taste in her mouth.
I will update this section time permitting. This is just a smattering of pictures from some time ago. Gotta keep this real, so much going on these days.